David Lloyd Malaspina partially reopened
We're happy to announce that as of 1 June we are reopening a number of our facilities to members.
What is open?
- Indoor and outdoor tennis courts
- Padel courts
- Outdoor Personal Training sessions
- Changing Rooms
- Group Exercise classes - indoor and outdoor
- All outdoor pools
What is not open?
- DL Kids facilities
We have gone to lengths to ensure the club is kept clean and have incorporated a number of new cleaning protocols to maintain the highest standards including:
- We will close the club at the end of each usage band to fully clean and disinfect the club in preparation for members in the next usage band.
- All cleaning carried out with a fully viricidal disinfectant cleaner, certified to kill enveloped viruses within 60 seconds
- Comprehensive daily cleaning – with cleaners in the club throughout the day
- Frequent cleaning across high contact point area’s during peak hours, that is door handles, bannisters, plugs, taps, toilet flushes, buttons, taps, lockers, showers, lift buttons, switches and gym equipment.
- All studios and studio equipment sanitised after every class by the team
- Regular and ongoing additional disinfectant cleaning of equipment by the gym team
To maintain social distancing:
- We’ll measure members and employees body temperature on entry to the club to keep everyone safe.
- We have installed special signage, identifying the paths to follow in order to maintain the correct social distance.
- There will be a limited number of members in the Club at any one time
- We have reduced class sizes to meet local government advice
- The class timetable will be adjusted to allow for cleaning after every class
- There will be information at the entrance of the club to remind everyone of their responsibilities
- Perspex sneeze guards in place at Reception and at the Bar
- New class schedule - classes will be 45 minutes with 30-minute gaps between to allow for cleaning – we will be adding in additional classes to meet demand and assist with the limited capacity.
- We have completed Covid-19 workshops so the whole team is aware of the actions we have taken and what we are asking of members.
- The team will be washing their hands before their shift, after completing cleaning tasks and frequently throughout shift
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) (gloves and where applicable masks) will be provided for them should they feel the need to wear them.
- Social distancing rules apply to team members too
- Reorganised offices and rotas to ensure social distancing
- Synrgy classes will be suspended and items such as Battle ropes, core bags etc removed from the gym floor to ensure hygiene compliance
- We will be running some group classes outdoors
What we are asking you to do...
- Please do not come to the club if you feel unwell
- Let us know if you or anyone in your household develop Covid-19 symptoms
- Wash your hands frequently
- Bring your own towel and face mask to use whilst inside the club.
- Only adults are allowed to visit the club at this time.
- Keep 1.5 metres apart from all members not in your household – this includes the team. There will be distance markers and directional signage throughout the club to help you.
- All members to use hand sanitiser station at entrance to the Club before entering – There are a number of additional hand sanitiser stations throughout the club to use throughout your visit.
- Book every visit to the club via the app only
- Only book one visit per day for you and your family members allowing all of our members to experience the club frequently
- The feedback tablet has been removed so please use the app to let us know how we are doing and any improvements you think necessary. We would highly appreciate your feedback during these challenging times.
- No guests until further notice (all previous guest passes due to expire will be extended to Dec 2020)
- We are not allowed to open the spa or the changing rooms. Creche, DL Kids and soft play will also remain closed. Please come prepared for your exercise session.
- Bring your own equipment – there will be no loaning of equipment such as tennis rackets, balls, myzone belts, gloves etc. We will have items to purchase at the club.
- Where possible we’d ask you to pay for items purchased in the club by card.
- Do not remove cleaning materials/hand sanitiser from the Clubs
- Please be patient, polite and observe all notices but of course if you have feedback for us please directly contact us.